In 1923, a group of Columbia Yacht Club members formed a syndicate to build and race a boat to bring the Gold Cup home. She was designed by George Crouch and completed by Henry B. Nevins in 1924.
This faithful reproduction of the "Miss Columbia" hull was built by Bill Cooper & Son of Massachusetts and conforms perfectly to the lines of the original Gold Cup racer.
Commissioned by well-known race boat collector, Phillip Sharples, and used on the St. Lawrence River, the boat is taken directly from George Crouch's original drawings.
This quest for exacting standards is what drove the design of this boat such that is sounds. acts and handles just like its namesake.