At the borders of a notable center in the province of Varese, approximately one hour’s drive from Milan, manorial villa with park. The building (1,100 sqm), dating back to the 19th century and recently restored, includes ample event halls, three guest suites (6 bedrooms in total) and beautiful underground historic cellar. All around, on both sides of the villa, one can find an Italian garden (1,20…
At the borders of a notable center in the province of Varese, approximately one hour’s drive from Milan, manorial villa with park. The building (1,100 sqm), dating back to the 19th century and recently restored, includes ample event halls, three guest suites (6 bedrooms in total) and beautiful underground historic cellar. All around, on both sides of the villa, one can find an Italian garden (1,200 sqm) with observatory and an English park (5,000 sqm). The villa is located in a very convenient location, just two minutes from all the services, and allows quickly reaching the most interesting cities of Northern Italy (Como, Milan, Pavia, Bergamo, Ivrea, Turin…). Malpensa airport is just 20’ away and the terminals in Linate, Bergamo, Turin and Bologna are very convenient as well.
DESCRIPTION OF THE BUILDINGS The villa (1,100 sqm – 11,836 sqft, 6 bedrooms and 5 bathrooms) is laid over four floors organized as follows: - Basement: historic cellars (currently used for events), ice room and old original cistern; - Ground floor: entrance room, cellar, kitchen with pantry, sitting room and guest bathroom; - First floor: five ample reception halls (three of which communicating with each other) currently used for events and ceremonies (for a total of 150 seats); - Second floor: three guest suites (6 bathrooms and 4 bathrooms).
Exiting the villa one find himself on a huge stone-paved veranda with cover and windows that allow controlling its temperature, thus making it usable all year long: this space is ideal for events and can easily accommodate up to 230 guests. At the side of the terrace there are a private chapel and a lemon house.
At the end of the Italian garden one can also find a cozy observatory, whose roof could once be opened to look at the stars. On the lower floor, well-hidden, is a beautiful nymphaeum decorated with multicolored stones.
STATE AND FINISHES The villa is first mentioned in the Austrian cadastral registry of 1722. Of this older building, only the vaulted cellars remain today. In the early 19th century the villa was rebuilt over the ruins of the previous building and in 1830 the manor takes its current look. In the 1950s the villa was ultimately bought by the current owners who, between 1998 and 2000, undertook a massive restoration project bringing the villa back to its intended splendor.
EXTERIORS On the rear of the villa there is a well-maintained square-shaped Italian garden (1,200 sqm – 0.3 ac). Crossed by gravel walkways and enclosed by hedges, this garden is the perfect location for cocktails and buffets, while also being the perfect background for photo shoots and videos.
On the front, on the opposite side of the building, there is the English park (5,000 sqm – 1.2 ac), dotted with centuries-old trees and decorative flowers. Currently, the park is home to several works of art and is an open-air museum. Two graveled aprons are used to park cars (up to 75 vehicles).
The remaining surface (2,300 sqm – 0.6 ac) is covered by woodland.
USE AND POTENTIAL USES The villa is currently mainly used as an event location, thanks to the ample spaces available, both inside and outside. The floor with the bedrooms could also be reworked to create more bedrooms, allowing a higher number of guests and converting the villa into a de facto boutique hotel.